Join the Friends NOW
or Renew your membership online!
To make a Friends' donation via PayPal click the button below:
Our Mission Statement: It is the mission of the Friends of the Sibley Historic Site to enthusiastically provide financial and volunteer support for the interpretation, development and preservation of the Sibley Historic Site and its artifacts and to foster awareness and appreciation of the site as a seminal cultural place in Minnesota history through public involvement, education and research.
The Friends of Sibley Historic Site was organized in 1991 as a nonprofit membership organization to advance and promote the Site and assist the State in preserving its assets. As a member of the Friends group, you can experience first hand how the Friends group works to maximize dues and donations into growing investments in the Site, including:
* Restoration of the unique, life-size painting of Sibley's favorite dog, Lion. Lion was the first known Irish Wolfhound in America.
* The design & construction of the replica of the original Sibley House exterior staircase (click on News for a close-up view).
* Active support of the Sibley Historic Site Endowment, serving to help fund the site for generations.
* Publishing the award-winning biography of Sarah Sibley, "Six Miles from St. Paul" by David Grabitske and publishing "Dakota Child, Governor's Daughter" by Bruce A. Kohn.
* Funding a partnership with local school district to provide field-trips for students.
All of these projects and more are a part of our ongoing mission as the Friends of the Sibley Historic Site!
Please browse our site and learn more about the Sibley Historic Site, the people in its past and this important part of Minnesota and United States history. Plus, learn how you can get involved in continuing its preservation! We welcome new members and look forward to adding you to the Friends of the Sibley Historic Site!
Now available - The Friends have just published a story about the life of Helen Hastings Sibley, "Dakota Child, Governor's Daughter" by Bruce A. Kohn. You can order a copy of the book easily through our online store (Click here ).
Or, print out a form and order by mail. See our News section for more information.
Now available - You can order a copy of the biography of Sarah Sibley, "Six Miles from St. Paul" by David Grabitske, published by the Friends Group! A limited edition poster of the book cover art "A Celebration in Mendota" by David P. Geister is also available. Learn more by visiting our News section.
The Friends of the Sibley Historic Site are proud to be an Associate Member of the World Federation of Friends of Museums.
The Friends of the Sibley Historic Site is a 501 (c)(3) organization.
Inquiries regarding donations, support or involvement in the Friends group can be sent to Info@sibley-friends.org
Send questions or comments about this website to email@example.com
Friends of the Sibley Historical Site ©2000-2015